Monday, May 05, 2008
Sucks to Lose....!


The soccer fever is back and for a few months now, working colleagues and kuzzies have arranged for many many friendly soccer matches. However extremely sad to say, lately, we and especially me have been on a losing streak!

Way before time, when I was much fitter and slimmer (hahahaha), winning was never an option. It was a must! It was a dead set goal for us, embedded into our skulls and hearts. Losing and the whole world crumbles. And yes, we did win lots and loads of matches not to mention medals and stuffs..

However, the winning have since stop long ago. It's now a dry spell for me, a drought, an El-Nino effect...... *Sigh* How I miss those glory days...

Anyway as age catches up fast on me (for goodness sake, I'm just only 26!), winning is now not a formality, where else having fun, getting together with friends and family and enjoying all the companionship are more important now. The best part is to get back home to a loving wife who take care of you after a long tired day. (OMG! I sound like a "pakcik pakcik").

Nevertheless, I strive to play hard and play un-fair (that's the only way to play against those younger and faster guys) and hope that at least I win one match before I called it a day! Darn!!!


written on 9:23 AM